Monday, April 21, 2014

They were bare bodied



 
GS Ramesh
Well I am very happy that people are started liking my Blog. The response is very encouraging.

Handling Coal Miners was an experience by itself. When we see a Coal Miner, his attire is helmet, which is known as Caplamp and they will be bare bodied, except having a dress which you can call it equivalent to swimming suit. 

When I visited underground mine, I could see the different working condition. That means loading coal through a basket wherein the oxygen level as well as humidity level both were not at very comfortable limit. Honestly recalling their working with high level of commitment and the present people who enjoy most of their life in AC and always cribbing is their habit. I may be wrong.  I have experienced such people who are working in tough working conditions, they also need right appreciation, recognition by the society. Similarly many unorganized sector still have not got the right response from the society as compared to organized sector who always claim that they are the one who is contributing to the nation. This is a malady. 

I always thank God that I got an opportunity to work in Coal sector, Steel sector, Cement sector, Government sector and then in Auto sector and sometimes I feel writing a book comparing all the sectors and their experiences, which itself has been a great learning more than the academic learning of MBA or otherwise. Today comfort has become a big menace of the growth of the country. Honestly I learnt the dynamics of HR, Man Management and Industrial Relations in Coal and Steel sector and the take away, I can summarize in one sentence is
“ Be empathetic to others”
“Develop ability to feel for others”
“Learn to give happiness to others”

Disqus Shortname

Comments system