Saturday, February 25, 2017

I Pity you – Stress

Once again there has been a gap about my writing of Blog. It is very interesting that whenever we do not maintain proper continuity, we try to look for excuse to blame or to escape, I don’t want to do that. Honestly I don’t know there was a silence within myself, hence there was no writing.

In the meantime, I happened to go on a holiday to Port blair for a week. The holiday was planned by my ex colleagues & me who were working with me since 1977. So obviously it was a unique ‘Reunion’ of this year. 

All of us are supposed to be now ‘Senior Citizens’ physically but mentally we are still unreasonably Young. To accept the fact that when all of us meet up with each other we have interesting things to share about our second innings. 

Everyone thinks that as I have got into business, I have managed myself to keep myself occupied, but they are enjoying their second phase of life as Grand Father or otherwise. But honestly if you analyze and discuss after having good drinks everyone has to share their form of ‘Stress’ in their life.

Now I wish to pen down about my personal opinion about Stress. To me Stress is the most romantic feeling which gives you the intention to achieve. But may be for others it can be classified as follows:

1) Professional stress
2) Family stress
3) Social stress
4) Stress without stress ie due to romance, love or otherwise


During the holiday, I was actually enjoying myself by observing people, the so called ‘Tourists’ who have come for a holiday to relax and destress themselves. 

I was amazed that I could not find anyone to be in relaxed mode and each one has been running against time and activity in the name of enjoying holiday such as ‘getting up very early in morning to see the sunrise’, ‘running to see sunset’ or ‘even if you are not interested you have to take bath in the Sea because you are on the seaside’, I even found Young Couples wherein, the Wife was resisting to go for a Sea bath and her Husband was shouting stating that he has come on a holiday and that she has to compulsorily get inside the water. 

Similarly I saw a couple inside the water and husband was forcefully pushing the wife underneath the water as if he was intending to kill her but for him that was the enjoyment. 

I really got confused whether this is a ‘holiday’ or an ‘aerobics’ (Circus with stress) but when we meet them in the evening for the Dinner they said that they really enjoyed and destressed themselves, again I was confused ! 

Moreover, during the holiday, in my team I was branded as a person who does not know how to enjoy, because they found me to be relaxing either in the room or in the place I wanted. So at times I always felt that if you are on a holiday it is mandatory that you have to wear shorts, and look different and take few photographs (whether relevant or irrelevant) then only I will be qualified to have gone on holiday, otherwise I will be declared as a person who is different and who does not know how to enjoy a holiday. Again I am confused!  


But I have always felt that if you disconnect yourself from the routine matter then you should try to enjoy with your family or within yourself. If you can spent time with yourself you will be more relaxed and regenerate.

Let us come back to the normal life. If you meet any person he has already classified himself in one of the stress mentioned above and if you talk to him either he will say he is stressed because of the ‘Boss’ or because of ‘Wife’ or because of ‘in laws’ or because of ‘……’ God only knows. Don’t you feel this kind of expression clearly indicates their inability to handle themselves in an organized manner and they blame stress. 

To me stress has been the most romantic word which God has given with a clear intention that I have a ability to manage the situation and it also gives a good opportunity for ‘strategic thinking and creativity’ to solve the situation. But the person who is the escapist runs and takes shelter in the name of stress. May be many of the people may not agree to my ‘this’ expression because whenever they say Boss you are a lucky man then I have no choice but to laugh it out. 

I want all of you to really think or so to say fall in love with the stress situation and enjoy when it comes. 

I can guarantee, you will get the best of happiness by handling it yourself. So let me know if you feel that you are unable to handle may be some where I can help out in this.

Hence I put this expression or title of this my Blog that ‘I Pity you – Stress’. Honestly I really pity stress because people are misusing this expression.

Disqus Shortname

Comments system