Monday, March 3, 2014

"Are you a fool" he asked me?



 
GS Ramesh
Everyone thought that I am a fool. I said yes  that’s why I am success full!


Hey, there my journey begins.  Dream of joining Tata’s was the focus. Well after academics like others I was applying to the Companies but my target was Tata’s.
You know I always believed in that, if you want with sincerity it will happen and that happened. I was called for the interview. The day was amazing. Had a good Jam Session with my friends because I had to rush to Jamshedpur that night. Reached next day morning 9’o Clock dot. I was at the gate of Corporate Office of Tata’s as I entered I looked at the Statue of JM Tata, the founder of Tata Empire.
Honestly I have always been the greatest admirer and my role model. So happy to see him, the person who really contributed to the economy of our Country, by getting into business of steel and other areas.
And then I was passed to report to Conference Room, where I saw 108 faces like me looking at each other with envy why this man, because we were going to compete each other for a limited position. We were waiting and that waiting was like something which I never felt in my life. We had group discussion and finally I could get through and by evening final interview was to happen with Mr. Russi Mody, the legend. Meeting himself was a great experience short man with cigar and full of confidence. I felt one day I am going to be like him.
Then I was interviewed the first question he asked, where I am from the reply came from me is from south. Is it amazing from south to come to north to work. Next question was what is your ambition. I replied I would like to start from where you started sir. Then he said are you mad, I started from Dhanbad and he said Dhanbad is a Den of Crime and you are from South can you manage it. With excitement and confidence in my mind, I said why not. He laughed and said you are very foolish to select Dhanbad, instead of Tata Steel, Jamshedpur. Then he asked where you want to end. Looking into his eyes, I said I would like to sit in the chair where you are sitting. He was presently surprised looking up my confidence. He told me you look too confident, I know you will make it one day.
Flash came to me in my mind, everyone thought I am a fool coming from South to North, but let me tell you that move made my career and life what I am today. Don’t you feel that I am reasonably successful in life?
 

Disqus Shortname

Comments system