Monday, March 24, 2014

Bullet that Shocked and Shook me



GS Ramesh

As you know Dhanbad, being one of the most popularly known as Criminal Den, where Money lending, Extortion and all varieties of Crimes was a usual activity. Working in such environment as a Personnel Officer in a Coal Mines was every day challenging, exciting and obviously stressing.

Every time I felt it is better to quit and I had a few good offers even posting was for Chennai. Temptation, Yes to come back to Chennai was very high. 

I wrote to my Dad about the offers and asked him, he replied to me that you stay and stick on. If you come back home, you will become home sick Child. You will never come up in life and you will always try to hide yourself behind ….. because the safety latch is the Home. Stay away fight the battle and come out with flying colours. Very irritating his advise. I told him you want me to die. He gave a statement which touch my heart and became my success secret. The statement was we can die anywhere, if someone has to kill you that is your destiny he will kill you anywhere and vice versa. Why to get scared for death, it is equivalent to dying every day within. 

Honestly my Dad is great person, really change my mind and immediately one shocking incident happened in the Office. I had in my Department one person, at that time he will be called Personnel Department Clerk and another person who was sitting next room of my Office was a Despatch Clerk name Mr.Singh. Morning around 10 AM he came to me and he briefed me about his job and activities. We had meeting for 20 minutes and he went back to his seat. Suddenly I heard 3 gun shots and 2 of the bullet just pierced and came out of my wall where I was sitting. 

I really jumped out of my seat and suddenly 3 people with .303 Rifle opened the door of my room and told me in Hindi, Sorry Sir for the bullet coming this side and left. I was in state of shock, they walked out in a jeep and I ran out to call Police, no one responded. I ran out to another room, I found Mr. Singh’s body tilted one side of the chair. Three bullets which was shot in point blank range, I just stood there. Imagine what would have been my reaction?

Disqus Shortname

Comments system