Monday, May 12, 2014

My Behaviour...


GS Ramesh

I didn’t react to that person who reported to me and I told him to let them shout. He was surprised by my behaviour. After 30 minutes, I went out and stood in front of them and told them about what happened inside the room and said that I had not come here to apologize to the people and that if they were not going to go back to their work, then I would have no other choice but to take action.

 I had only come and stood before them because of their age and experience. I respect elders, they were surprised about my style, they calmed down & then I told them to sit in the Conference room, they went inside & sat.

I asked them what was the problem, they said that for the last 15 years there were so many issues & so far none was solved for them. I told them to list out their issues in the board. They wrote, I studied them and then I told them that they waited for so long & now to give me 15 days to resolve all their issues. They laughed at it. You can imagine all the senior people laughing at me.

On the 12th day, I again called them in the Conference room and asked them what they have to say about their issues. The same senior most person got up came near me and hugged me and said that I was going to be a very successful man. And that, I had all their blessings, that I had resolved their issues and I had built trust which can never break between us and they were with you. Honestly, the learning which we get out of this is as said before Empathy is the key principle and for HR Professionals “Do it before they expect and the World is yours.”

Disqus Shortname

Comments system