Monday, August 25, 2014

Sir Please help me …




Sir Please help me

Today one of my old employee after 18 years came with his family to meet me. He said I have come here to admit my Son in Engineering. Honestly I was very happy and thanked God for giving me an opportunity to help someone in life. This man I happened to meet him when I was in charge of a Cement Plant in Chattisgarh.

I have a good / bad habit of accepting open challenge from anyone. This story goes back when I was HR in charge, we used to load Clinker to be sent to Jamshedpur for making cement. The clinker used to get loaded about 30 Kms from Plant asiding, (where the loading used to happen). When Railway wagon used to come we are suppose to load within the specified time.

I always used to attend the Review Meeting every day. In one of the meeting the Head was very upset that the entire rake which is comprising of about 15 to 20 wagons left without proper loading and half empty. Obviously the Head was very angry and shouting, this job was of Dispatch Department and the in charge of Dispatch Department said nobody can do the job, I can challenge, so the Head was looking at all. Obviously as per my nature, I raised my hand and said I will do this. All laughed because HR getting involved in Operation.

The rake used to come anytime early morning 3’0 Clock and wireless was installed to get the information, because if the rake was not loaded on time demurrage will cause. So for this purpose, I started visiting the asiding. There I met this person who used to be local ‘Dadha’ always drunk and collecting money when loading used to happen. He used to come and shout and create panic. 

One day this happened in my presence, I took him aside and asked him why he is doing all this. He was surprised because no one dares to tell him like this. Then I enquired about his style of living and also asked him how many of your people who is with you will support you or come for your help, if I take action and harm you. He was very shocked by my statement, then I told him to think over for your future. He left and he came back after 2 days to me and said I thought over it and you are right, if I am in trouble nobody will come to my support, so what do you advice.  I said OK you be the Supervisor for loading in asiding. He said I only studied till 10th Standard. I said don’t worry that’s my look out. That day and today this man standing with his son to get him admitted in Engineering College.

Is it not interesting? Some way in life God makes us to help someone and his entire life changes and we become instrumental for his growth. But I always realized that we should have good intention to help others without any condition and expectation.
He came all the way to Chennai made his son to meet me and told me that because of me this has happened. I told him it is your destiny and God’s intention, we are only carriers, we don’t take credit of any such happenings, we can only pray for your happiness and growth.

Let us be good to others. Look at everyone with Respect, Humility and Compassion. Never hate anyone, because we do not have the power to create and obviously we should not try to destruct. Life is so beautiful, if you share good feeling with Honesty, Love and Compassion the same you will get back and you can enjoy it.

Disqus Shortname

Comments system