Friday, September 4, 2015

Let us Romance with Stress How Vent Out & Let Go – The World would become beautiful, I can promise you


Sharing your problems always helps


“My mind is always full of worries and stress, what should I do”, this was a fervent plea from a close friend who also happens to be my walking companion since many years. Looking at him, I could never guess that he was anxious or stressed. Well, few people have an uncanny knack of not letting their feelings reflect on their face. My friend, I must say, has mastered this art. His customary smile and a salute as we greeted each other every morning would invariably bring a smile onto my face. Today his expression failed to hide his inner turmoil.

A problem shared is a problem halved. I firmly believe in this saying which simply means that if you talk about your problem to someone close to you, you will feel better or you may at times find a solution to it too! Bottling up your worries can have dangerous repercussions on your physical and mental well-being. Incidentally, my friend in question shared his problem and we were able to jointly tackle it too!

Once I returned home from my morning walk, I realized that many people around me be it family members or colleagues may have faced a situation like my walking partner or they maybe currently dealing with one. A patient hearing is all it takes sometimes to lessen the intensity of a problem.  But we get so drawn into the motorized routine of everyday life that we may overlook or ignore people’s expression.

The other aspect which needs to be kept in mind is that while we try to be a good listener but we tend to carry baggage or impressions about people, obviously our listening becomes colored. The best way is to keep ourselves neutral to others problem and give them right solution or right comfort.

A Flip side of this is also that, because of our EGO as well as Inhibition we try to hold up our feelings and not let go. In the present environment sharing with whom is a question mark. At our times we strongly believe to share our feelings with better half, but nowadays the situation has changed. I have also heard someone saying that the better half not necessarily be a soul partner and we also talk of Chemistry. Now it is for oneself to take a call with whom they relate and try to Vent Out & Let Go. So I feel if each one of us become lending ear for someone else’s problem and empathize, imagine the entire scenario will change with full of happiness and peace.
Obviously we need to resolute to :
Ø  Let us shed the attitude of being opportunist and one with ulterior motive.
Ø  Let us make the environment transparent and full of Serene and tranquility
Ø  Let every individual become the person of compassion empathy and full of love.

Disqus Shortname

Comments system